Monday, June 16, 2008

If I thought with my mouth, I'd be a poet... in an asylum

I've been in a massive creative block lately, and the following is a list of reasons I think may be causing it:

  • Alot of things have changed in my life in the last month. Them being:
    • I started summer vacation, i.e: I went from structured, organized projects to not structured, organized projects.
    • After that I was laid off from my job (really?! laid off? I'm too young for this.)
    • Spent alot of time between then and the beginning of last week frantically looking for a job. <-- Alot of pressure.
    • I spent my off time from that working on a project that was (until recently) seemingly endless and extraordinarily daunting. (now its just BIG)
    • Starting my new job, and adjusting to the time warp. (I sit in a dark room, in front of a computer for 8 hours, and I never know if its going to be light or dark outside.
  • All the aforesaid really--really freaked me out.
  • My expectations have grown faster than my abilities.
  • I've not been trying terribly hard, then getting unsatisfactory results, so I give up. <-- I really, really need to fix this one.
  • I've been feeling anti-social.
There's more. I know it, but I'm not gonna try and think the rest. Instead, I'm going to brainstorm some ways to get past this: ....right after some food.

No comments: